ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT APPRENTICESHIP
|Responsible to:||Administration Support who is responsible to the Director of Services.|
|Working with:||The Trustees, staff, volunteers and clients of the service.|
|Location:||Mostly homeworking, with some office-based working required.|
Office: 94 Bowen Court, St Asaph Business Park, St Asaph, Denbighshire, LL17 0JE.
|Remuneration:||The salary for the post is £18,278 pro rata (based on 37 hours being full time). Salaries are paid monthly. CADMHAS will contribute the equivalent of 3% of the actual salary towards the company’s pension scheme once the induction period is completed.|
Any travel & subsistence expenses will be paid in line with CADMHAS agreed rates.
|Hours:||The working week is 22.5 hours – excluding lunch break. Holiday entitlement is 22.5 days per annum – pro rata inclusive of Bank Holidays. Overtime is not payable but time off in lieu may be taken at a mutually convenient time.|
|Contract:||Subject to a satisfactory 3 months’ probation commencing from the first day of employment.|
|Closing date:||The closing date for applications is Friday 9th December at 4pm.|
CADMHAS is dedicated to Equal Opportunities.
Aim of the post:
To support the Director of Services and Office Manager in ensuring the smooth running of administration aspects of CADMHAS.
- To answer telephone enquiries and action appropriately.
- To deal with incoming emails, referrals, and any other form of communication from clients and professionals.
- Take down information as appropriate and pass on to the relevant person, as and when required.
- Administration of Message Board, in liaison with Duty Advocate to ensure referrals and client messages are received and allocated to an appropriate advocate.
- Pick up main office Voicemails and action appropriately.
- Input referrals onto the company database.
- Filing information and documentation.
- Shredding of confidential notes.
- Ordering of stationary or equipment for the office.
- To assist the Office Manager in the payment of day-to-day invoices and recording such payments on QuickBooks.
- In the absence of the Office Manager, assist the accountant when required regarding collation of information required for payment of salaries i.e. travel expenses, and ensure salaries are paid on time.
- To assist the Office Manager in recording agreements regarding payments of services, invoicing and ensuring payment is received regarding the RPR, IMHA, IMCA, YP or any other project CADMHAS might obtain in the future.
- To assist the Office Manager in booking training requirements identified either by Senior Advocates or the Director of Services.
- To assist the Office Manager in monitoring Lone Working and record staff whereabouts as required and in line with CADMHAS policy.
- To assist the Office Manager in keeping record of Staff Annual Leave.
- Assisting with the collation of organisations statistics.
- Provide general admin support.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
The duties outlined above serve as a guide to the major responsibilities of the post. They may need to be reviewed during the lifetime of the post. Any changes will be in consultation with the post holder.
The post holder will be expected to either already hold, or to have achieved within 12 months, the Level 2 Business Administration, with a view to progressing to Level 3 in the future. The post holder will be expected to attend such training events identified as being of value to their role and personal development, either by the Office Manager of the Director of Services, or themselves through supervision and appraisal. This post will be home-based with travel to the office required on occasion.
The following are considered essential
- A positive, non-judgmental attitude to, and empathy with, people with mental health problems.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Excellent organising skills
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Excellent IT skills in word, excel and database packages.
- Ability to be flexible, work on own initiative and in conjunction with others.
- Minimum 12 months experience of working in a similar role.
The following are considered to be desirable
- Level 1 Certificate in Business Administration
- Experience in the voluntary sector
- Welsh speaking (highly desirable)
- Experience in shorthand
- AAT level 2 certificate in bookkeeping
A CV will not be accepted.
Application forms will need to be requested from CADMHAS office by phoning 01745 813 999 or emailing email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 9th December at 4.00pm.
Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PDF version available here
This post is also available in: Cymraeg